Friday, May 18, 2007

Evolution of Bridgewater, NJ wiki

Bridgewater Township wiki

Edit #1 - February 26th
I made a contribution within the education section under the high school section. I added that BRHS is a nationally recognized Blue Ribbon school and described what that honor meant. I noticed that merely a few minutes behind me someone came along and edited what I had wrote. They extended my statement and then included a source pertaining to the post.

Edit #2 - April 23rd
For my second edit I added some information under the 'Points of Interest' section. I added 'parks and other recreational facilities' to the list since there is a terrific parks system in Bridgewater. I included a link to the town's parks department in my edit.

Edit #3-May 3rd
An interesting fact caught my eye within the 'demographics' section on the page. It was talking about how according to National Geographic there are an unusual amount of multiple births (twins, triplets etc.) in Bridgewater. I found that interesting because once I thought about it I do actually know several sets of twins from my town, in my class alone even. I found the link to the National Geographic article they were referencing and linked to it.

In general the Bridgewater wiki does not seem to get an incredible amount of attention. It actually makes sense since the only traffic it would most likely draw would be from Bridgewater residents. And out of the population, only a small portion would have enough interest, and knowledge to make contributions to the wiki. The most edits that were made within the time that I was involved in the edits were to the 'Notable Residents' section. It is exciting to see that all of my edits have remained proving that thus far they are credible and worthy enough to remain.

No comments: