Friday, May 18, 2007

Evolution of Broadway Theater wiki

Broadway Theater wiki

Edit #1
For my first edit I added to writings that someone posted about the use of "er" versus "re" in the theatre(er) world. I did some light research and came to find that there actually is a proper use for each spelling. The additional information I had added about the subject were later removed, leaving only a sentence in regards to the on-going discussion about the proper usage.

Edit #2
For my second edit I elaborated on a point made under the 'Audience' section. The section had mentioned that the 2005-2006 run of Broadway had reached a never before reached peak in attendance. I added some statistics to the post stating that that year Broadway experienced a 4.1% rise, taking them to 12 million, which was the highest attendance ever seen.

Edit #3
For my final edit I added a link under the 'Runs' section. There was a paragraph that had discussed the historical musical Cats. It was mentioned how Cats had recently been surpassed by Phantom of the Opera as the longest running Broadway musical. I had added a link to the Winter Garden Theater wiki, since that is where Cats had its run. This link was later removed as well.

The Broadway wiki gets a lot of attention. The majority of the edits are made by the same 3 key users who at times make several edits a day. Perhaps these 'hardcore broadway fans' didn't appreciate my amateur input. Broadway theatre is quite an in depth realm, therefore I was not surprised to see it get so much editing traffic each day.

No comments: