Friday, May 18, 2007

Evolution of Weird NJ wiki

Weird NJ wiki

Edit #1
In my first edit I decided to add a section entitled 'Local Legends' to the wiki that would include various "weird" happenings in NJ. I also made a contribution to this section to get it started. I added the legend of 'Devil's Tree' which is located in my area. So actually having experienced it before I figured I should tell its story.


Edit #2
I once again made an addition to the section that I had created during my first edit 'Local Legeneds'. This time I added another local legend that I had come across which was about 'Devil's Tower'. I told the story of it, how it became a legend, and the myths that surround the landmark.


Edit #3
For my 3rd and final edit I added a quote, once again to the 'Local Legends' selection. While looking in a Weird NJ book I had come across. The quote was in regards to myths: "Myth helps you to put your mind in touch with this experience of being alive." - Josesph Campbell, The Power of the Myth. I felt that it was appropriate for it to be added to this section which includes all the local legends and myths.


All of the additions and contributions I made throughout the semester have remained. Overall the wiki has not had much activity recently, but its history shows that it had once gotten a lot of editing traffic. I was hoping that the 'Local Legends' section I added would generate more edits of people sharing their knowledge of the local legends and myths that they have heard. So far, my section has not prompted increased activity.

No comments: