Friday, May 18, 2007

Evolution of Relay For Life wiki

Relay For Life wiki



Edit #1- March 4th

The page provided a lot of information in regards to RFL in general but it did not provide any prompt for people to actually get involved which I thought would be really important. So for my first edit I added a 'Get Involved' section to the page within which I listed several ways for people to get involved with the event/cause. Someone later followed behind me and removed this section.



Edit #2 - May 1st
For my second edit I added a section dedicated to fundraising. Within this section I stressed the importance of fundraising to Relay For Life. I also included a link that included fundraising tips for RFL. This section was also removed after I had added it.




Edit #3

For my final edit I contributed to the branding section that had been added to the wiki. I further expanded on the idea of how Relay For Life, or RFL, has become a brand of the American Cancer society. Upholding this brand is of great importance to the American Cancer Society because they need to have a strong, positive brand image. As a non-profit organization it is difficult to raise capital so an important vision is needed in order to get people to support the cause.

The article proved somewhat difficult to edit because once I had gotten to it, it was already pretty thorough. I tried to get creative by adding new sections about things I deemed necessary for people to know in order to participate. They however were removed. My guess is because the page is already strung with many links to places that already include the information I was trying to put out there.